1. yourBusinessChannel Limited (we, us or our) may collect information from you from time to time in respect of your use of the ifi.ybcnetwork.wpengine.com. website (the Site).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
5. yourBusinessChannel may collect and process the following types of information during your use of the Site:
- personal information that you provide by filling in any forms on the Site, including registering to use the Site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, entering a competition or promotion, reporting a problem with the Site or requesting further services;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to the Site (eg traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access) to analyze trends and user traffic and gather statistical information;
- information about your computer, IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our Board. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual; and
- other information from time to time at yourBusinessChannel’s discretion..
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
6. We may use information in the following ways:
- to help us provide the Site and our services to you and to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to enable us to provide technical support and respond to inquiries
- to notify you of any updates to the Site and our services
- to solicit input and feedback to improve yourBusinessChannel products and services
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site
- to generate and provide statistical analysis.
7. We will store this data at an approved off-premise location under contract to yourBusinessChannel. Data will be stored indefinitely and used for the purposes described in this policy.
8. Any information automatically retrieved, such as site browsing patterns, will be used only in aggregate form (so that you are not identified). Information provided by visitors will not be disclosed to third parties except:
- where required by law;
- if you enter a competition or register for any promotional feature through this website, in which case information about you may be provided to advertisers for marketing purposes. However, you will be given the option at the time of entering the competition or registering for the feature to decline the provision of the information about you to advertisers for marketing purposes and/or to decline receiving further information or further contact with yourBusinessChannel or the advertiser.
COOKIES & WEBSITE TRAFFIC MEASURING
9. yourBusinessChannel currently uses Google Analytics and other leading website measurement software and systems to help measure traffic visiting our websites. The service anonymously aggregates site visit statistics, such as number of pages viewed time spent on site and individuals cannot and will not be identified. The service stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to each page. The information is used by yourBusinessChannel to better understand usage of its websites.
10. In addition to website analytics systems, our videos are hosted on a secure third party system which tracks and aggregates video views. The software stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to each video. This information is collected and aggregated by our third party suppliers and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you, unless you have consented/opted in to us using your email address.
11. Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
12. You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won’t be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
15. Please note that the Site may contain links to and from websites not controlled by yourBusinessChannel. If you follow a link to any other website, those websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
LEGAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO CONTACT US
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller for ifi.ybcnetwork.wpengine.com is yourBusinessChannel, C/- Unit 11, 179 Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2AG, United Kingdom.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding yourBusinessChannel’s use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or via the contact form on this site.