Video:

 

Mitigating your cyber-risk

Author: Julie Bamford, James Kirk (yBC.tv)

Categories: Business risk, Business Strategy, Communications, Digital Economy, Fraud & Corruption, Governance, Marketing Strategy, Technology
Tags: business risk, business security, computer virus, cyber risk, digital, digital risk, digital security, julie bamford, mitigating risk, mitigation, security, strategic risk, virus
I’m not an IT expert. But there are certainly small changes that companies can do and there are specialist organisations out there that can help them to do that. There are a number of small changes companies can make that will effectively stop 80% of them. And that is an incredibly cost effective way to go. You can never stop it completely. The world of IT is such as we all know with computer viruses, as soon as you close one loophole or close one avenue then another one opens. So this is an ongoing struggle. People who are working in this area are developing new ways all the time. And like I say, sort of 80% of it can be dealt with in a very cost effective way which leaves you 20% exposed, which is probably always going to be the case. What is being stolen from companies can be as serious as their future strategy, detail, you know, through details of their customer base, all that kind of intelligence that is so important to companies in this competitive environment. If a competitor can get hold of it then obviously that’s very damaging for a company. But we’re not talking about competitors within the UK, this is a worldwide problem and the most cyber attacks are coming from overseas.
Related videos